Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Disney for College Kids: Finding Dory

I've seen tons of speculations about Disney films making sequels and such geared towards college kids. When we were younger we watched Monsters Inc., Finding Nemo, and Toy Story. Now that we are older we see Andy going to away to college and having to say good bye to his childhood toys; it is a parallel to our lives and growing up watching these movies. Monsters Inc. had more of a prequel to the movie by showing Mike and Sulley and how college was for them. Our childhood movies are coming back to us just as we are venturing out into the world and stating a new, we are lost amidst the changes we are facing and wishing we were once again in elementary school watching our favorite Disney films and shows.


I'm making this post since today Ellen released a preview to Finding Dory on her show, for many others and myself we have been waiting years and years for this to happen and it's finally here. To me Finding Dory relates to all the colleges kids trying to find out who they are and going back to their families and roots to figure that out.
This post is short but I just wanted to bring up how these movies related to my friends and I because like us they have grown old. We grew up with Disney and they are once again helping us to grow up by making relate-able content.
I can't wait to watch Finding Dory and to see if it was really worth the wait.


Thanks for reading XOXO, Des

No comments:

Post a Comment